The Department of Economic and Workforce Development (DEWD) works to make Baltimore County a thriving location for businesses and a place where well educated and trained residents enjoy ample economic opportunity.Learn More
"Having the capital to hire has allowed me to take on missions like fighting Ebola in Africa."
- Kimberly Brown, Founder, Amethyst Technologies
"The Boost Fund made expanding in Baltimore County an easy decision."
- Michele Tsucalas, Founder of Michele's Granola
"Baltimore County offers us a direct pipeline to workers critical to our quest: helping all people live healthy lives."
- Ajay Kumar WW HR Business Partner, Diagnostic Systems, Becton Dickinson
"Customized onsite recruitments have been highly successful for hiring."
- John Ridgeway, Corporate Manager at Toyota Financial Services
"Baltimore County gave us the tools to bring our business to life, and now we’re doing the same for others in the community."
- Cliff and Tracie Spriggs, Owners of Honey Biscuits
"Baltimore County’s expertise was instrumental in our relocation."
- Dave Benfield, founder of DuClaw Brewing Company
Baltimore County is Maryland’s second largest job center and is home to 21,400 business establishments.