The Department of Economic and Workforce Development's (DEWD) Business Services Team provides access to an active and diverse candidate pool ranging from management level professionals to skilled laborers with expertise in various industry sectors, along with skilled employees in transition from companies in similar industry sectors. For more information, complete our business inquiry form.
Below are examples of the types of support DEWD’s Business Services Team can provide you with:
- Coordinating recruitment efforts
- Pre-screening of candidates
- Providing facilities for recruitment initiatives
- Hosting job fairs and advertising
- Collaborating with our three Career Centers, local educational institutions, partner agencies, and business and trade organizations to attract the best candidates
- Providing information about labor market trends, economic and demographic data
- Connecting businesses to special populations such as veterans, socioeconomically disadvantaged individuals, people with disabilities, ex-offenders and at-risk youth
- Accessing employer incentives such as local, state or federal tax incentives
- Providing outplacement services
Recruit with confidence by registering your business with the Maryland Workforce Exchange (MWE)—a statewide job database and candidate matching platform—to post jobs and have direct access to the talent that have the skills that meet your hiring needs.
Downsizing your workforce is often an unfortunate situation for both the business and affected employees. Our professional staff can provide "rapid response" outreach and work with each organization to assess its needs and provide support to employees before their employment ends.
Outplacement services are customized to each company’s circumstances and may include coordination of:
- Options to worker layoffs, such as layoff aversion—Instead of laying off a percentage of the workforce to cut costs, an employer can reduce all workers’ hours by the same percentage and keep the entire workforce on the job.
- Onsite and virtual information sessions covering topics such as employment and support opportunities, registrations in the Maryland Workforce Exchange, career counseling resources, labor market outlook and unemployment insurance.
- Professional outplacement seminars with a focus on job search techniques, resume writing and interview skills.
- Career consultation for individuals and groups.
- Industry-specific job matching and recruitment initiatives.
DEWD’s dedicated Business Services team provides employers with a streamlined point-of-contact to coordinate customized solutions to meet specific workforce needs of businesses. To see how we can help with solutions for your workforce needs, contact the following team members:
Are you an employer with a business workforce need? Tell us more by completing the form below.
A talent management coordinator or youth project specialist will contact you within one business day to further discuss your needs or schedule meeting.