- General visiting for the Kenilworth Housing units are held Tuesdays through Sundays from 9 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.; general visiting is prohibited in the Kenilworth Visiting area on Mondays, and on Wednesday mornings from 9 to 10:30 a.m. and on Wednesday evenings from 9 to 10:30 p.m.
- General visiting on the Bosley Housing Units shall be permitted seven days per week, including Mondays and Wednesdays.
- Inmates housed in the Kenilworth Diagnostic Unit will not receive visiting privileges until transferred to general population.
- Inmates are permitted three 30-minute visits per week.
- Visitors must sign in 15 minutes prior to the scheduled visit.
- Visits will be 30 minutes in length.
- Visitors are required to have valid photo identification issued by a federal, state, or local government agency. Persons who cannot be positively identified may not visit.
- Kenilworth housing units are: 2 G/H, 3 A/B, 3 C/D, 3 G/H, 4 A/B, 4 C/D, 4E/F, and 4 G/H
- Bosley housing units are: 2Q, 2S, 2V, 3P, 3Q, 3S, 3T, 3V, 4P, 4S, 4T, and 4V
Visitors Must Register by:
Protective Custody Visiting
- Visits for inmates on Protective Custody will be held Mondays from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m., except for Protective Custody inmates housed in 2R; they may receive visits any day of the week.
- Inmates are permitted three 30-minute visits on Mondays.
- Visits for inmates on Protective Custody must be prescheduled one week in advance.
Administrative Segregation Visiting
- Visiting will be permitted Wednesday mornings from 9 to 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday evenings from 9 to 10:30 p.m. (Last visit starts at 10 p.m.)
- Inmates are permitted a maximum of three 30-minute visits.
- Inmates will be allowed visits with the following professionals, provided they have the proper credentials:
- Law Enforcement Officers
- Parole and Probation Officers
- Psychologists and Psychiatrists
- Social Workers
- Professional visits may be scheduled between the hours of 8 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- The Shift Commander may approve professional visits beyond regular scheduled visiting hours.
- Professional visitors are prohibited from giving the inmate any items except legal papers, unless prior authorization has been granted from the Shift Commander.
- Personal items are not allowed in the visiting area such as handbags, cell phones, pagers, umbrellas, cameras, cigarettes, lighters, etc. Lockers with keys are provided for storing these items. There is a fee of a quarter to use the locker, and the quarter will be returned when you retrieve your items.
- Inmate’s parents will be counted as one visitor when visiting during the same visiting period.
- A visitor may not visit the same inmate more than once per day.
- An adult must accompany visitors under 18 years of age.
- A maximum of two children and two adults, or three children and one adult are permitted per visit.
- Loitering, profanity and/or loud disruptive behavior shall not be permitted in the visiting area. Eating and/or drinking is also prohibited.
- Smoking is not permitted in the facility’s underground garage, outside the lobby area, inside the lobby, restrooms, or anywhere on the grounds of the department.
- Handbags are not allowed in the visiting area.
- Visitors who do not comply with the following dress code will be denied admittance:
- Attire must be appropriate for a professional environment where children may be present.
- Shorts, skirts, and dresses must reach the knee.
- Slits in skirts or dresses may be no higher than the knee.
- No see-through or sheer clothing.
- No spandex or form-fitting clothing.
- Shoulders, back, midriff, and excessive cleavage/bust must be covered.
- Footwear and undergarments must be worn.
- No clothing displaying profanity, obscene images or promoting drugs, alcohol, violence or gangs is permitted.
- Physical contact between inmates and visitors is prohibited.
- Visitors who smuggle or attempt to smuggle contraband into the facility will be prosecuted.
- Visitors are required to park in designated spaces in the parking garage and are not permitted to double-park outside the entrance under the concrete canopy.
- Visitors with medical conditions may park under the concrete canopy in the designated spaces, provided their vehicles have handicap tags or placards appropriately displayed.
- Visiting is a privilege and can be suspended or terminated if inmates or visitors violate the rules and regulations. Visitors who violate department rules may be prohibited from future visits.
For additional information please call our security desk at 410-512-3200 and press “0” to speak with the operator.
Revised May 7, 2013