The Department of Corrections is comprised of the Baltimore County Detention Center, the Pre-trial Services Division, Community Corrections Division and the Alternative Sentencing Division. As required by law and with the intention of providing exceptional service, the Department of Corrections ensures its certifications are current, as follows:
- The Department of Corrections is audited and certified as required by the Maryland Commission on Correctional Standards.
- Newly hired correctional staff receives training and certification from the Baltimore County Department of Corrections Entrance Level Training Academy. This academy is certified by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commissions.
- Correctional staff receives yearly in-service training on topics such as security functions, firearms, defensive tactics, first aid and CPR/AED.
- The Department of Corrections operates a fully trained and highly qualified Emergency Response Team (ERT). These ERT members are specially trained to respond to emergencies inside and outside the facility.
Locating Inmate Details
The Baltimore County Department of Corrections’ website will not provide an inmate’s name, ID number, charges, or release date, nor do we give charges or release dates over the phone. However, you can take the following steps to receive added information.
- Determine if an inmate's in the Baltimore County Correctional Facility
To find out if an inmate is in our facility, call our security desk at 410-512-3200 and press “0” to speak with an operator.
- Search Court Records
Find court records by using the Maryland Judiciary
- Locate an inmate in state or county correctional facilities
VINELink allows you to locate an inmate by state and county.