Visitation Status: Cancelled
Effective November 18, 2020, inmate visitation is cancelled until further notice.
If COVID-19 restrictions are imposed by the Baltimore County Department of Health, visitations may be canceled with little to no advanced notice. Every effort will be made to notify scheduled visitors of cancellations in advance when possible.
Pre-Schedule Your Visit
To limit the number of people present in the front lobby, visitors must pre-schedule their visit, by emailing email@example.com with the following information:
- Visitor's full name
- Inmate's name, UID number and housing location
- If a child will accompany the visitor, this must also be listed on the email request, with the name of the child provided, if over 12 years old
The security officers will reply to your email advising of the scheduled date and time.
- Masks—Adult visitors and children age 2 and over are required to bring and wear a face mask during visitation.
- Temperature Check—All visitors will have a temperature check prior to entering the facility.
- Facility Check-in Forms—Visitors must complete and sign a Facility Sign-in Form. An alternative of completing the sign-in form, visitors may visit bacosafe.org and display your result to the Security Officers upon arrival after completing the screening questions.
- Social Distancing—Will be maintained in the lobby, elevators, corridors, waiting areas and visiting areas. Visitors with children shall occupy the same social distancing mark when in line. In waiting areas, older children may sit in a separate designated seat if unable to share the same seat as the adult.
- Visiting Booths—During the visit, visitors accompanied by a child will remain in the visiting booth together for the duration of the visit. Visiting booths have been color-coded and will be used on an alternating basis to allow for distancing and cleaning. Visiting booths will be sanitized between visits.
- Hand sanitizer and paper towels will be available.
Visitors must have a valid photo identification issued by a federal, state or local government agency to visit an inmate. Anyone who cannot be positively identified may not visit.
Each housing unit has been assigned a specific visiting day and specific visiting time slots.
View the visiting schedule (PDF). Visitors must arrive in the designated line outside the visitor entrance, no later than 30 minutes before your visit start time. Kenilworth housing units are 2 C; 3 A/B, C/D and G/H; and 4 A/B, C/D, E/F and G/H. Note: Inmates housed in the Kenilworth Diagnostic Unit don't receive visiting privileges until they are transferred to the general population.
View the visiting schedule (PDF). Visitors must arrive in the designated line outside the visitor entrance, no later than 15 minutes before your visit start time. Bosley housing units are 2 P, Q, S, T and V; 3 P, Q, S, T and V; and 4 P, S, T and V.
- Personal Items and Lockers—Are not allowed in the visiting area. These include handbags, cell phones, pagers, umbrellas, cameras, cigarettes and lighters. Lockers with keys are provided for storing these items. There is a fee of a quarter to use the locker, and the quarter will be returned when you retrieve your items.
- Dress Code—Visitors who do not comply with the following dress code will be denied admittance.
- Clothing must be appropriate for a professional environment where children may be present.
- Shorts, skirts, and dresses must reach the knee. Slits in skirts or dresses may be no higher than the knee.
- No see-through or sheer clothing.
- No spandex or form-fitting clothing.
- Shoulders, back, midriff and excessive cleavage and bust must be covered.
- Footwear and undergarments must be worn.
- No clothing displaying profanity, obscene images or promoting drugs, alcohol, violence or gangs is permitted.
- Physical Contact—Between inmates and visitors is prohibited.
- Behavior—Loitering, profanity and loud disruptive behavior are not be permitted in the visiting area. Eating or drinking is also prohibited.
- Smoking—Is not permitted anywhere on the grounds of the department. This includes in the facility’s underground garage, outside the lobby area, inside the lobby or in restrooms.
- Contraband—Visitors who smuggle or attempt to smuggle contraband into the facility will be prosecuted.
Inmates will be allowed visits with the following professionals, provided they have the proper credentials:
- Law enforcement officers
- Parole and probation officers
- Psychologists and psychiatrists
- Social workers
Visiting is a privilege and can be suspended or terminated if inmates or visitors violate the rules and regulations. Visitors who violate Department rules may be prohibited from future visits.
Baltimore County Department of Corrections
720 Bosley Avenue
Towson, Maryland 21204
Visitors are not permitted to double-park outside the entrance under the concrete canopy.
Free Visitor Parking in Garage
Free visitor parking is provided in the facility’s underground parking garage. After turning right into the facility off of Bosley Avenue, bear to the left, pass the lobby entrance, and proceed to the underground garage by turning left onto the ramp that leads to underground, visitor parking. Park at designated visitor parking spaces only. To enter the facility from the garage, use the Visitor Elevator and take it to the Lobby (third level).
Visitors with medical conditions may park under the concrete canopy in the designated spaces and must have handicap tags or placards appropriately displayed.
Parking beyond the area marked Staff Parking is not permitted. Visitors parking in the staff area will be ticketed. Parking on Kenilworth Avenue is by permit only for Department staff between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Visitors parking on Kenilworth between those hours will be ticketed.
For additional information, call 410-512-3200 and press “0” to speak with the operator.