Department of Aging Overview
New and Upcoming Services and Programs
Learn more about Department of Aging Services
The Department of Aging has a lot to offer Baltimore County seniors and their families. Learn more about our programs and services by watching a video that will help you Energize your Life.
The Medicare Maze
Whether you are new to Medicare, or just looking to find out more about what services are covered by your insurance, the Department of Aging can assist you:
- Not sure what Medicare covers? Attend an educational program to learn what services Medicare does and doesn’t cover.
- Are you ready to enroll in Medicare? Attend a program at your local library to find out how to transition from your current insurance.
- Have more questions? Learn more about Medicare.
To contact a State Health Insurance Program counselor, call 410-887-2059 or email email@example.com.
Frequently Requested Services
- Information and Assistance
Learn more about how Maryland Access Point (MAP) of Baltimore County can assist you in finding resources for seniors and adults with disabilities.
- Housing Options
Find information about nursing homes, assisted living facilities, or other housing options, including listings of facilities in Baltimore County.
- Senior Centers
The 20 senior centers located throughout Baltimore County serve as community focal points for programs, activities and services for County residents age 60 and older and their spouses.
CountyRide is a transportation program providing service to Baltimore County residents 60 years of age and over, disabled residents aged 21 through 59 and persons of all ages living in the rural area.
RSVP has a partnership with Volunteer Solutions and the United Way to help you volunteer. Search for volunteer opportunities that match your skills and interests.
- Travel Opportunities
Check the travel calendar for a list of upcoming travel opportunities.
- Employment Opportunities
Find out what your options are as a mature worker in Baltimore County.
- Caregivers Information
The Caregivers Program offers a variety of resources to help family caregivers to provide good care for older relatives, while also taking care of themselves.
Sign-up to receive informative e-newsletters such as The Friendly Visitor and Caregiver Connection.
For information or comments, contact the Department of Aging or call 410-887-2594.
- Find latest information about closings or late openings of seniors centers and CountyRide due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Visit Aging's Taking Care of Mom and Dad website and find copies of two of the Department of Aging's newest publications: It May Be Your Third Largest Purchase; an informative discussion of funeral planning and A Legal Guide for the Aging Family; that discusses a myriad of topics, from Grandparent's Rights to Advance Directives.
- Community Resources 2014 is now available online. Get information about services available to Baltimore County seniors and their families.
The Baltimore County Department of Aging strengthens lives by connecting individuals to community resources, programs and services.
Revised January 8, 2015