Find the Volunteer Opportunity Right for You
Baltimore County has launched a partnership with Volunteer Solutions and the United Way to make finding volunteer opportunities even easier. Make a difference in your community by giving of your time, talents and experience. For many nonprofit and government agencies, the presence of volunteers is vital to successfully meeting their goals. Volunteering helps not just others, but yourself as well, by leading to new discoveries, new friends, and new interests.
- Volunteers: Register or Search Volunteer Opportunities – Prospective volunteers are now able to search volunteer opportunities on line. Use a search engine to find volunteer opportunities that match your skills and interests.
- Agencies: Register or Update your Information – Nonprofit and government agencies can register their agency and list their own opportunities for prospective volunteers.
Nominations Sought for Volunteer Awards
Nominations are now open for this year's Retired and Senior Volunteer Program Awards to recognize seniors with outstanding community service to the Baltimore County community. Recipients will be recognized at the Annual RSVP Volunteer Recognition Luncheon on Thursday, May 22, 2014. Nomination applications and any supporting documentation should be submitted to the RSVP Office at the address listed on the application and must be postmarked by Friday, April 4, 2014. Download the applications below.
- 2014 Nonprofit of the Year Award (PDF) – Honors one outstanding organization for the services they provide and for their creative use of volunteers.
- 2014 RSVP Volunteer of the Year Award (PDF) – Honors an outstanding volunteer for dedication to the people and programs for which they willingly share their time, talent and energy.
- 2014 RSVP Disaster Services Champion Award (PDF) – Honors an outstanding volunteer for dedication and service in the area of disaster services, including first responders, community disaster preparedness and response, or response to local or national disaster.
- 2014 RSVP Economic Opportunity Champion Award (PDF) – Honors an outstanding volunteer for dedication and service in the area of economic opportunity, including financial literacy, consumer services, housing accessibility, and/or health insurance, employment, or housing assistance.
- 2014 RSVP Educational Services Champion Award (PDF) – Honors an outstanding volunteer for dedication and service to education, in areas of mentoring, tutoring, and/or in a classroom setting.
- 2014 RSVP Environmental Champion Award (PDF) – Honors an outstanding volunteer for dedication and service in the area of environmental stewardship, including direct services that contributed to increased energy and water efficiency, renewable energy use, or improving at-risk ecosystems.
- 2014 RSVP Health and Wellness Champion Award (PDF) – Honors an outstanding volunteer for dedication and service in the area of health and wellness, in areas of improved quality of life for seniors or youth, physical activity and nutrition, and/or increasing access to primary or preventative health care.
- 2014 RSVP Veteran and Military Families Service Champion Award (PDF) – Honors an outstanding volunteer for dedication and service to veterans and/or military families.
All Aboard the County's SHIP
Join the Medicare Volunteer Corps. Volunteers are needed to make Medicare understandable for the community by filling a variety of roles within the Baltimore County State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP). Currently we are seeking volunteers to conduct online research for Medicare Prescription Part D, assisting individuals review and locate the right prescription plan at the best price. For more information email email@example.com or contact the SHIP office at 410-887-2059.
For more information about volunteer opportunities throughout Baltimore County, call 410-887-2715 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Volunteer Opportunities Sponsored by the Baltimore County Government
- Home Team - Help for homebound seniors.
- RSVP - Retired and Seniors Volunteer Program.
- Long Term Care Ombudsman - Advocate for assisted living and nursing home residents.
- Baltimore County Public Schools - Volunteer opportunities.
- Baltimore County Public Library - Volunteer opportunities.
- Local Watershed Associations - Volunteering for the environment.
Revised January 31, 2014