Find the Volunteer Opportunity Right for You
Baltimore County has launched a partnership with Volunteer Solutions and the United Way to make finding volunteer opportunities even easier. Make a difference in your community by giving of your time, talents and experience. For many nonprofit and government agencies, the presence of volunteers is vital to successfully meeting their goals. Volunteering helps not just others but yourself as well by leading to new discoveries, new friends, and new interests.
- Volunteers: Register or Search Volunteer Opportunities – Prospective volunteers are now able to search volunteer opportunities on line. Use a search engine to find volunteer opportunities that match your skills and interests.
- Agencies: Register or Update your Information – Nonprofit and government agencies can register their agency and list their own opportunities for prospective volunteers.
2016 Volunteer Awards – Nominations Accepted
Nominations are being accepted for the following awards, to be given out at the 2016 Annual RSVP Volunteer Recognition Luncheon. To submit a nomination, please download and complete the application for the appropriate award.
Extended Deadline: All award applications must be postmarked by April 22, 2016.
- 2016 RSVP Volunteer of the Year Award (PDF) – Honors an outstanding volunteer for dedication to the people and programs for which they willingly share their time, talent and energy.
- 2016 Nonprofit of the Year Award (PDF) – Honors an RSVP partnering non-profit organization utilizing volunteers who have performed activities that positively impact the community or residents of Baltimore County.
- 2016 RSVP Economic Opportunity Champion Award (PDF) – Honors an outstanding volunteer for dedication and service in the area of economic opportunity. The impact of their service can be seen in areas of financial literacy, consumer services, health insurance, employment, or housing assistance.
- 2016 RSVP Educational Services Champion Award (PDF) – Honors an outstanding volunteer for dedication and service in education, in the areas of mentoring, tutoring, or in a classroom setting.
- 2016 RSVP Health and Wellness Champion Award (PDF) – Honors an outstanding volunteer for dedication and service in health and wellness, including improved quality of life for seniors or youth, physical activity and nutrition, or increasing access to primary or preventative health care.
- 2016 RSVP Veteran and Military Families Service Champion Award (PDF) – Honors an outstanding volunteer for dedication and service to veterans and/or military families.
- 2016 RSVP Environmental Champion Award (PDF) – Honors an outstanding volunteer for dedication and direct services that contributed to increased energy and water efficiency, renewable energy use, or improving at-risk ecosystems in Baltimore County.
RSVP Hunger Corps Volunteers Needed
RSVP Hunger Corps provides senior volunteers, aged 55 or older, an opportunity to join the fight against hunger in their community. Through unique partnerships with non-profit organizations and government agencies, volunteers are paired with local sites to support local anti-hunger initiatives and hunger service programs.
RSVP Hunger Corps volunteers serve in a variety of capacities including:
- Providing nutrition education for at-risk communities
- Serving free meals to children in afterschool and summer programs
- Stocking and sorting food at local food pantries
- Sustaining and supporting community gardens
- Providing outreach and enrollment assistance for SNAP (formally Food Stamps)
- Serving meals at local soup kitchens and emergency shelters
- Volunteers make their own schedules, deciding how often and for how long they would like to volunteer, at one of the many volunteer sites located throughout Baltimore County.
If you are age 55 or older, and are interested in pursuing a fulfilling volunteer position to end hunger in Baltimore County, call RSVP at 410-887-3101 or email email@example.com.
For more information about volunteer opportunities throughout Baltimore County, call 410-887-2715 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today.
Volunteer Opportunities Sponsored by the Baltimore County Government
- Home Team - Help for homebound seniors
- RSVP - Retired and Senior Volunteer Program
- Long Term Care Ombudsman - Advocate for assisted living and nursing home residents
- Baltimore County Public Schools - Volunteer opportunities
- Baltimore County Public Library - Volunteer opportunities
- Local Watershed Associations - Volunteering for the environment
- Senior Centers - Volunteer at BCDA senior centers.
Revised April 6, 2016