The Academic Credit Internship Program is an unpaid internship program, although some summer internships will be paid. The program aims to:
- Provide students with valuable experiences working in the public sector while acquiring school credits
- Help bridge the gap between the academic and professional environments
- Foster ongoing professional relationships in hopes that the student will seek future employment with Baltimore County Government
Interested students must:
- Be actively attending an accredited college or university
- Be either an undergraduate student in their junior or senior year, or a graduate student. Sophomores may only participate in the summer program.
- Have at least a 2.8 cumulative grade point average (GPA) at the undergraduate level, or at least a 3.0 GPA at the graduate level. Note: A college transcript is required as evidence of GPA. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
If you would like to apply, complete the following steps:
- View Internship Openings
View our internship job openings. Be sure to read the job title and description of the specific internship you are applying for to make sure you meet the specific internship’s requirements.
- Complete an Application
You may apply to more than one internship, but you may only participate in one internship at a time.
- Attach Current Transcripts and an Updated Resume
Transcripts must indicate both your current, cumulative GPA, and your current undergraduate or graduate year. It is also recommended that you attach an updated resume to your application.
Baltimore County Government will work with the intern and their school's academic department to ensure that the internship meets the criteria necessary for academic credit.
2023 Application Period
- Spring Interns (January to May 2023)—Apply between October 1 through November 30, 2022
- Summer Interns (June to August 2023)—Apply between March 1 through April 30, 2023
- Fall Interns (August to December 2023)—Apply between June 1 through July 31, 2023
Police Department Internships
View available opportunities and find more information regarding internships within the Police Department.
If you have any questions, email email@example.com or call 410-887-3135.