Baltimore County Government Jobs
Full-time and part-time job opportunities with the Department of Recreation and Parks are listed by Baltimore County's Office of Human Resources.
Baltimore County's non-profit parks councils are composed entirely of volunteers who donate their time to provide their neighbors with a wide variety of recreational opportunities. Coach a team, teach an art class, organize events, chair a program, assist with maintenance—the opportunities are endless. Learn more about the volunteer program.
Program Leadership Employment Opportunities
The Department of Recreation and Parks community offices and facilities routinely accepts applications for occasional employees who typically work on an as-needed, on-call basis to support various recreation and nature programs. Communities across Baltimore County depend on these employees for the successful execution of programs.
Examples of responsibilities include:
- Assisting participants in therapeutic recreational programs
- Conducting guided tours of nature centers
- Lining ball fields
- Monitoring facilities for cleanliness and maintenance requirements
- Providing a warm welcome to visitors at front desks
- Working with youth in after-school programs
These duties may be performed both indoors and outdoors, depending on the specific community, facility and program.
To apply for a position within a community or facility, complete the application form and return it to the appropriate community office.
For questions regarding which community or role suits you best, email the Program Leadership Office at email@example.com.
Internships and Community Service
There are occasional limited volunteer internships and community service opportunities. To inquire about specific areas of interest, please call:
- Recreation Programming: 410-887-3804
- Capital Planning and Development: 410-887-3822
- General Administration: 410-887-3345
- Therapeutic Recreation: 410-887-5370
- Nature, Environment, Agriculture and Programs: 410-887-8201
Baltimore County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer.