W. Carl Richards Jr., Chief
- Processes all zoning petitions and forms, for example, special exceptions, special hearings and variances, as well as undersized lot applications.
- Schedules the hearings before the Office of Administrative Hearings and public hearings. Also, determines and manages closing dates for administrative variances, special hearings and other required zoning posting procedures.
- Reviews all residential, commercial, and industrial building permits, including site and development plans for compliance with the zoning regulations.
- Reviews and approves all zoning use permits.
- Provides checklists and verifications to assist in the zoning process.
- Answers citizen inquiries and informs and assists the public concerning the interpretation and application of the Baltimore County Zoning Regulations including but not limited to:
- Height, setback and general bulk requirements
- Subdivision density
- Permitted and prohibited uses in specific zoning classifications
To purchase a hard copy of the Baltimore County Zoning Regulations, an order form may be obtained from:
The Zoning Review Office
County Office Building, Room 111
111 West Chesapeake Avenue
Towson, Maryland 21204
Otherwise, purchase information can be obtained on the General Code Publishers' website.
Orders of the Administrative Law Judges (dated January 16, 2011 to present)
Revised April 15, 2014