Skip Navigation

Francis Scott Key Bridge Incident Updates
Watch the Recording of County Executive John A. Olszewski Jr. delivering the Proposed FY25 Budget Message

To assist restaurants and bars with recovery, County Executive Johnny Olszewski has authorized a new process to establish outdoor table service through a use permit approval that is good for one year and renewable annually. Businesses may apply for a Use Permit for Outdoor Table Service with the application and necessary documents in the online portal below.

How to Seek Approval for Outdoor Table Service

Step 1: Complete Required Documents

Restaurants and bars must complete an application for a Use Permit for Outdoor Table Service along with a completed checklist and all relevant documents below. Please note: The pre-pandemic the parking requirements for the interior of the restaurant are still in effect. Contact our office if you need assistance determining your parking requirements. 

  • Checklist  
  • Copy of current Baltimore County Food Service Permit
  • Copy of all applicable Alcoholic Beverage Control Licenses
  • Sketch or drawing that includes all relevant details in the Site Plan. Review the Site Plan Requirements for Outdoor Table Service.
  • Sign off from property owners—All owners of any real property must approve the use of their property for outdoor table service.
  • Franchise Agreement—Necessary only when proposed outdoor table service area includes property owned in fee by Baltimore County.

Step 2: Submit All Documents Online

In the online portal, you will be asked to create an account. If you already have an account, please use your existing username and password. Once logged in, under the Permits tab, follow the prompts to complete the required fields, upload all required documents and submit your application for approval.

For document uploads, the maximum file size for each document cannot exceed 16 MB. 


Requests for use of state right-of-way should be directed to the State Highways Administration.

Requests for outdoor dining in a Design Review area may require additional information to be submitted to the Department of Planning. 

Tents and Music

Tents require a temporary structure permit and can be approved for a period of up to 180 days.

Live music requires a Live Musical Entertainment use permit, as well as a certified Crowd Manager on site for crowds over 50.


Call 410-887-3191 or email for guidance, questions and concerns regarding expanded outdoor table service. 

Explore Zoning Review


Contact Us

Zoning Review Office

County Office Building
111 West Chesapeake Avenue
Room 124
Towson, Maryland 21204


Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.






Jeff Perlow