Baltimore County imposes taxes on the following:
- 911 Emergency Telephone Fee—$0.75 per month applied to telephone bill
- Admission and Amusement—10 percent
- Electricity (nonresidential)—$0.0053 per kwh general rate and $.00375 large manufacturer rate
- Personal Income Tax—A percentage of the Maryland Adjusted Gross Income for Calendar Year 2019—2.83 percent and starting Calendar Year 2020—3.2 percent.
- Personal Property—$2.75 per $100 of assessed value
- Real Property—$1.10 per $100 of assessed value
- Real Property Transfers—1.5 percent of purchase price (excluding the first $22,000 of residential transfers) and $2.50 per $500 of total value
- Telephone and Wireless Service—Eight percent Telephone Line Revenue and Wireless Telephone line
- Transient Occupancy—9.5 percent of Room Rate
There are exemptions available for electrical and telephone taxes. For an exemption form, contact the Office of Budget and Finance at 410-887-2404.
Constant Yield Tax Rate
In the last taxable year, the County real property tax rate as of July 1, 2021 was $1.10, and the certified assessment of the net assessable real property was $90,415,310,355. The assessment multiplied by the rate produced property tax revenues of $994,568,414. For this taxable year, the certified assessment of the net assessable real property is $92,160,287,269. To produce the same real property tax revenue as last year, the tax rate would have to be $1.0792. This rate is called the Constant Yield Tax Rate.
For this taxable year, the actual property tax rate is $1.10 which is different from the Constant Yield Tax Rate. The rate is more than the Constant Yield Tax Rate and will produce in real property tax revenues $19,194,746 more than would be produced by the Constant Yield Tax Rate.