Baltimore County Employees have access to the following health and wellness resources.
Cigna members have access to the following via myCigna.com or the myCigna App, which allows you to personalize, organize and access your important health information on the go.
The Active&Fit Direct program offers memberships to any fitness center in our extensive network for just $25 a month. Spouses and dependents age 18 and up are also eligible. There are no long-term contracts, which means you can change your fitness center any time at no additional cost or cancel any time after three months. If you're not ready to enroll, request a guest pass to try a fitness center before you buy your membership.
Call the Health Information Line to speak with a nurse who can provide information regarding your general or specific health questions and concerns, or provide information to help you decide where and when you should get treatment. You can also listen to hundreds of podcasts to help you stay informed about your health.
Healthy Rewards can help with discounts on:
- Weight management/nutrition
- Vision/hearing care
- Alternative medicine
- Health and wellness products
Just use your Cigna ID card when you pay. Learn more on myCigna.com, by selecting “Wellness” then “Healthy Rewards Discount Programs.”
Home Delivery Pharmacy is designed especially for individuals who take prescription medications on a regular basis, such as those used for:
- Heart conditions
- High blood pressure
Once Cigna receive the prescription from your doctor, our team of expert pharmacists will fill your prescriptions and ship them right to your mailbox.
If weight, tobacco or stress is affecting your health or your ability to live an active life, it may be time to make some changes. A health coach can provide you with personalized support to help you. You can use an online or telephone coaching program–or both–for the support you need.
My Health Assistant can help you reach your health and wellness goals in small, easy-to-do steps. Check out the online coaching program to lose weight, quit tobacco, conquer stress or feel happier. Learn more at myCigna.com by selecting "Wellness" then “My Health Assistant Online Coaching Program.”
- Choose your long-term personal health and wellness goals
- Get suggested activities
- Check in to track and update your progress
- Receive friendly reminders and encouragement
Baltimore County offers Omada—a digital, lifestyle change program designed to fit seamlessly into your busy life that offers the tools, support and accountability that you need to lose weight and build healthy habits that actually stick. The program, a $650 value, will be offered at no cost to employees and their adult dependents who are eligible for Omada and enrolled in a Cigna or Kaiser Permanente plan. You’ll get a personalized program that’s based on science, backed by a professional health coach, supportive peer group and convenient technology.
- A personalized home page to inspire action. Log in anytime, from anywhere to take lessons.
- A professional health coach for support and guidance.
- A wireless smart scale to monitor progress (and keep for good).
- A small online peer group for real-time motivation. Be matched with a group of people who are going through the very same challenges you are.
Change Your Lifestyle Behaviors
Omada is designed to help you make gradual changes to the way you eat, move, sleep and manage stress. Work on four lifestyle behaviors that can have a direct impact on your weight and health:
- Eat healthier. Learn how to enjoy every meal, no deprivation required.
- Move more. Get motivation to start a “no pain, all gain” fitness routine.
- Sleep better. See why being able to sleep well is like having a superpower.
- Manage stress. Navigate tough times like a pro with strategies that truly work.
Your One Guide team is the highest level of personal support available and can help you understand your plan, get care and save on expenses.
The Personal Health Team consists of trained nurses, coaches, nutritionists, clinicians and counselors that can help with issues from health coaching to managing a chronic condition. Call 1-877-459-6150 to connect with your dedicated coach.
Telehealth Connection allows you to consult with a board-certified doctor 24-7 via phone or video chat. Your telehealth doctor may even prescribe medications, if appropriate. Use telehealth for minor, non-emergency health concerns.
Kaiser Permanente Resources
Kaiser Permanente members have access to the following via kp.org or the Kaiser Permanente app, which allows you to message your doctor with non-urgent questions, find doctors and locations, view upcoming appointments and more.
Get reduces rates on a variety of products and services through the ChooseHealthy program, including:
- Active&Fit Direct—Pay $25 per month (plus a one-time $25 enrollment fee) for access to a national network of more than 10,000 fitness centers.
- Specialty Providers—Up to 25 percent off a contracted provider's regular rates for acupuncture, chiropractic care and massage therapy.
- Products—Save up to 55 percent on popular health and fitness brands. Free shipping and handling are available on most orders
Sign up for in-person, over-the-phone or online wellness programs and classes designed to help you achieve your health goals. All sessions are taught by our team of experts and will walk you through how to make actionable lifestyle changes.
Make good health a part of your daily habits with our free healthy lifestyle programs. These personalized, online programs can help you create an action plan to reach your health goals, such as:
- Eating healthy
- Losing weight
- Moving more
- Sleeping better
- Reducing stress
- Quitting smoking
Manage stress, improve your mood, sleep better and more with self-care apps like Calm and myStrength, available at no cost to adult members.
Make a phone session appointment for one-on-one guidance and support from a dedicated wellness coach, who can help you:
- Set and stick to goals
- Manage your weight and see results
- Reduce stress
- Quit tobacco
- Eat healthier
- Increase activity