Animal Services Current Status
All Baltimore County Animal Services facilities are open and operating normally.
- Pet Surrenders—We encourage families to seek placement of pets with friends or family before surrendering your pet to the shelter. If you need help with rehoming your animal or need to surrender it to the shelter, please call 410-887-7297.
- Volunteers Wanted—If you're dedicated to walking dogs or can't get enough of cuddling cats, we need you as a BCAS volunteer.
- Fosters Wanted—We’re actively looking for fosters who can house and care for orphaned kittens and mother cats with kittens until the kittens are eligible to be spayed or neutered (eight weeks and two pounds). If you’re interested in fostering, submit an application.
- Work With Us—BCAS is seeking qualified, compassionate, highly motivated individuals to join our dynamic team. We offer career opportunities in shelter operations, veterinary medicine and field services.
- Cat Pawsitive—Learn more about Cat Pawsitive, the positive-reinforcement, clicker training initiative that enriches day-to-day life for cats in shelters.
View the Maryland Department of Agriculture shelter activity quarterly reports:
- October to December 2023
- July to September 2023
- April to June 2023
- January to March 2023
- October to December 2022
- July to September 2022
- April to June 2022
The Maryland Department of Natural Resources (DNR) provides formation, referrals, and services for wildlife nuisances, conservation, rescue and rehabilitation. It is generally illegal to trap raccoons, foxes, squirrels, opossums, skunks, deer, rabbits, snakes and most birds, unless the landowner has obtained a valid permit from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). To learn more, call 1-877-463-6497.