The Department of Recreation and Parks is thrilled to announce the official launch of CivicRec—a web-based, recreation management platform for all things related to:
- Baltimore County recreation facilities
- Facility and permit reservations—For individuals or groups wishing to apply for a permit to use a Baltimore County Recreation and Parks facility or field, please refer to the Recreation and Park permit policy.
- Programs registrations
- Revenue collection
This platform has been designed with the user experience in mind, offering a wide range of benefits to enhance your experience. Benefits of the CivicRec platform include:
- Comprehensive Program Catalog: All Baltimore County Recreation and Parks programs will be in one place. Learn about nature, environmental and agriculture programs, opportunities at the Recreation Activity Centers (RACs) and upcoming special events. View the variety of Recreation and Parks programs and services, as well as Recreation and Nature Council offerings in the CivicRec catalog.
- User-Friendly: Program registrations and rental requests have never been easier. CivicRec features easy-to-use navigation, making it a breeze to browse through our comprehensive online catalog for program registrations and facility rentals.
- Accessibility: CivicRec can be accessed on a home computer, tablet or smart phone.
- Secure Payment Options: CivicRec allows for credit card payments to be made online for our services. Users can now make payments, print receipts, view account statements and settle balances with ease and confidence. In-person payment options are also available.
Important Information for Creating Your Account
- When creating a new account, it is important to enter the parent or adult's information first. The first person on the account created will be the default payer or head of household, and must be an adult. The primary email address entered into the adult account will be the assigned username moving forward.
- Fill in the form as completely as possible. All of the fields with an asterisk are mandatory—an account cannot be created without completing these sections. At least one emergency contact will also need to be added to the account. Registrants will have the opportunity to add family members to the household at a later point of the registration process.
- To receive text alerts about class cancellations and facility closures, indicate your mobile carrier next to the cell number provided.
- Additional household members can be added and updated (such as spouse, children, etc.) at any time in the account settings. Important note: Entire households must be created on one account.
View tutorials on how to:
- Create a public account on a computer or mobile device.
- Register for Recreation and Parks-directed programs on a computer or mobile device. All required prompts must be answered and registrants must agree to any waivers to complete registration.
- Submit documents on a mobile device. Some programs may require to submit additional documentation to complete registration.
- Pay balances online. Users or groups with large permits might have open balances.
Rental and Reservation Requests
CivicRec also accepts rental requests for pavilions, fields, gyms, courts, multipurpose rooms and other activity spaces.
- Recreation and Parks will begin accepting requests for pavilions on February 1, 2024.
- Requests must be submitted at least 14 days before the event.
- Pavilions are only available for reservation from May 1 through October 31.
- All pavilion rentals fees must be paid at the time of the request.
For questions or assistance, select the help button on the CivicRec website to send a request to the help desk or email email@example.com.