- Development, management and submittal of the department's operating and capital budgets
- Flood maps
- Manages the Professional Services Selection Committee (PSSC)
- Designs County infrastructure
- Administers prequalification and selection of engineers and contractors
- Administers construction contract bidding, processing and inspection for:
Periodically, the Department of Public Works and Transportation needs to advertise specific information on upcoming work or applications to perform specific tasks through a public notice. The following are current public notices:
- Patapsco Sewershed Basin 33 Relief Sewer
- Delmar Sewershed Sanitary Sewer Rehabilitation
Basic Services Maps
In accordance with Subsection 4A02.1E of the Baltimore County Zoning Regulations, annual updates to maps of areas within Baltimore County that are deficient with respect to Public Water Service, Public Sewer Service and Transportation are required. Building permits may be withheld or deferred in areas designated as deficient on these maps:
- Engineering Report—Sewer and Water
- Basic Services Map—Sewerage
- Basic Services Map—Water Supply
- Traffic Report
- Basic Services Map—Transportation
Refer to Bill 19-23 for revisions to the Basic Services mapping standards.
The Design Division of the Bureau of Engineering and Construction is responsible for the design of the public infrastructure of Baltimore County and is divided into the following sections.
Design of the public infrastructure of Baltimore County
|111 West Chesapeake Avenue, Room 205
Towson, Maryland 21204
Design and review of sanitary sewer projects, including:
Design and the review of storm drainage systems for the proper conveyance of storm water from County roads and through County property.
Chief: Sheldon Epstein, P.E.
Responsible for projects involving structures such as bridges, large culverts and retaining walls to ensure public safety and structural integrity. Project types include:
Chief: Nicholas Smith, P.E.
Projects under construction