Paper Permit Applications No Longer Accepted
As of Monday, November 1, all applications for building, plumbing, electrical and other construction permits must be completed online. To help with the transition, first come, first serve public work stations will be placed in the lobby with available staff to help customers create their online accounts and applications.
For details on account creation, relevant permit types and document needs, visit the online permit application section.
- Processing of applications for building, electrical, and plumbing permits
- Acceptance of fees for water and sewer connections contained in public works agreements
- Processing of applications for water meter services, which are prepared and forwarded to the Department of Public Works and Transportation and the Baltimore City Bureau of Water Supply
- Processing of records relating to receipt of revenues for the issuance of various permits
- Processing of fees for water and sewer installations
- Collection and review of documents and other information as needed in the course of the permit process
Apply for a Permit
All applications for building, plumbing, electrical and other construction permits must be completed online. Public work stations and staff are available in the lobby to help customers create their online accounts and applications on a first-come, first-served basis.
Using the online application portal, payments may be made via PayPal or credit card.
BALTIMORE COUNTY BUILDING CODE
The most recent edition of the Baltimore County Building Code was enacted by Baltimore County Council Bill Number 40-15, which became effective on July 1, 2015. It adopted the 2015 editions of the International Building Code, the International Residential Code, the International Mechanical Code and the International Energy Code as well as local amendments.
BUILDING PERMIT SEARCH
Search the list of building permits issued in Baltimore County.
Most records are available online from 2009 onward. New records are added weekly.
ENERGY CONSERVATION INFORMATION AND FORMS
- State of Maryland Energy Code
- Energy Efficiency Certificate of Compliance
- Building Thermal Envelope: One-Story Additions 600 Square Feet or Less
- Notice to Residential Permit Applicants Regarding Construction Documentation