Learn more about construction in floodplains.
- 100-year Floodplain Site Plan Requirements—Information regarding the site plan requirements for 100-year floodplains. Effective immediately for VE and Coastal A flood zones. Effective November 1, 2014 for AE flood zones.
- Construction In Areas Subject to Flooding—County Council Bill 40-15, effective July 1, 2015 regarding construction in areas subject to flooding including tidal and riverine surface waters within the 100-year floodplain.
- Declaration of Land Restriction—Form used to declare land restriction for certain structures in the floodplain.
- Elevation Certificate Requirement—Use this form to acknowledge that two elevation certificates are required to be completed by a professional land surveyor before the building permit can be closed.
- Floodplain Determination for Tank Anchoring and Owner's Floodplain Certification—Form used to determine the anchoring of fuel tanks located in a tidal floodplain and to certify that a property owner does not live in a floodplain.
- Frequently Asked Questions—If you are building or renovating in a waterfront or stream area, the floodplain regulations can be confusing. Here are some of the questions frequently asked and their answers.