County Code and Zoning Regulations
The Municipal Code Corporation (Municode) is the official publisher of the BCC and BCZR.
Search the Baltimore County Code of Ordinances.
Search the Baltimore County Zoning Regulations.
For inquiries related to the Zoning Regulations, contact the Zoning Review Bureau.
Code of Baltimore County Regulations
The BCC provides for the creation of a Code of Baltimore County Regulations (COBAR), which is to be maintained by the Office of Law. The office envisions eventually creating and publishing a volume of COBAR that is similar to the State of Maryland's Code of Maryland Regulations.
Links to COBAR regulations are posted below as they are adopted by agencies of the County government and refer only to regulations that have been specifically drafted or revised for the COBAR project. The County has many other regulations that have not yet been revised for the COBAR project but nevertheless remain in effect.
- Fire Hydrant Utilization Regulations
- Solid Waste Regulations
- Disabled Law Enforcement Officers and Rescue Workers Tax Credit
- Energy Conservation Devices Tax Credit
- Fallen Hero Tax Credit
- General Provisions
- High Performance Buildings Tax Credit
- High Performance Homes Tax Credit
- Natural Disaster Tax Credit
Note: The Office of Budget and Finance has additional information about these and other tax credits.
Various County agencies also adopt and publish Codes and requirements that have the effect of law. In many cases, the Codes are formally adopted by legislative acts of the County Council. View miscellaneous codes for:
- The Plumbing and Gasfitting Code of Baltimore County was adopted in Bill 41-15. This bill adopts, with certain deletions, replacements, amendments and additions, the National Standard Plumbing Code, PHCC, 2015 Edition; the National Fuel Gas Code, NFPA 54/ANSI Z223.1, 2015 Edition; and the Liquefied Petroleum Gas Code, NFPA 58, 2014 Edition.
- The Baltimore County Building Code was adopted in Bill 40-15. This bill adopts, with certain amendments, deletions and additions, the ICC International Building Code, 2015 Edition; the ICC International Residential Code, 2015 Edition; the ICC International Mechanical Code, 2015 Edition; and the ICC International Energy Conservation Code, 2015 Edition.
- Current Building and Fire Codes in Effect