The Waste Management Program is responsible for solid and hazardous waste recycling and disposal, as well as:
- Reviewing permit applications for razings (building demolition), interior alterations and open burnings
- Regulating local trash haulers, recycling facilities and landfills
- Responding to citizen inquiries related to the handling and proper disposal of asbestos containing materials (ACM) and special wastes
- Reviewing open burning requests to determine compliance with state regulations (COMAR 26.11.03.03)
Learn more about the following:
- Asbestos Containing Materials—View a list of contractors licensed by the Maryland Department of the Environment to test and remove ACM.
- Disposal of Special Waste Materials—Obtain an application for the disposal of special waste materials (petroleum contaminated soils, asbestos containing materials and commercial food products).
- Household Hazardous Waste—Review information regarding the proper handling and disposal of unwanted batteries, paints, medicines and household chemical wastes. Note: This program is managed by the Department of Public Works and Transportation and Transportation, Bureau of Solid Waste.
- Open Burning Requests—Obtain an application form to submit open burning requests on properties in Baltimore County.