County offices are open to the public, however, some of our staff are working offsite. If you are in need of assistance, please call 410-887-3272 or the designated buyer to leave a voice message or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pre-Bid and Pre-Proposal Conferences and Bid Openings will be conducted via teleconference meeting. See the specific solicitation for instructions.
- Electronic Bids must be submitted by the due date and time listed for that specific solicitation. Read the submission instructions.
- Invoices should be emailed to email@example.com, contain a valid purchase order number, with the vendor name added in the subject line. The County makes every effort to pay correct and proper invoices within 30 days of receipt. Any unusual delay in payment should be reported to the appropriate Disbursement Clerk or the Buyer listed on the purchase order.
- Payments should be made via check or electronic funds transfer (EFT). Baltimore County encourages enrollment in the EFT process.
The Purchasing and Disbursements Division:
- Ensures that the procurement process of Baltimore County is completed in an efficient and effective manner and conforms to the highest ethical standards in the industry.
- Subscribes to the Code of Ethics of the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc.
- Is a charter member of the Maryland Public Purchasing Association.
Supplier Agreements (Excel)—View all current County contracts as a breakdown by buyer, vendor, description and identifies the last renewal period.
Baltimore County Procurement provides insight on the County's procurement processes outlining how and what the County buys, procurement methods used, items that have an impact on the procurement award processes and the purchasing staff. It is a procurement overview of the County's Purchasing Division and the Department of Public Works and Transportation (DPWT).
Mobilization Costs for Contractors
View information pertaining to mobilization costs being extended to subcontractors.
For Engineering and Construction Projects
DPWT handles the procurement for all engineering/construction projects.
- Construction Projects Being Awarded
- Design (Architecture/Engineering) Projects—View advertised and awarded projects.
- Minority and Women-Owned Businesses—We encourage growth and expansion, and ensure that our contractor pool accurately reflects the communities we serve. Our goal of participation of those businesses on all County contracts is 15 percent. This is a serious goal and another example of our ongoing effort to ensure that every individual has the chance to own a successful business.
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprises—Providing equal opportunity to receive and participate in U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) and Maryland Department of Transportation Maryland Transit Administration (MDOT MTA)-assisted contracts.