Baltimore County is committed to providing information as soon as it is available as we work together to manage through this unprecedented public health crisis. Helpful links and information for employees can be found below.
COVID-19 Related Leave
The following forms should only be used in conjunction with COVID-19 pandemic events:
Expansion of Medical and Sick Leave
The Guidance Memo (PDF) from the Director of the Office of Human Resources outlines provisions regarding the temporary expansion of Federal paid sick leave and family medical leave entitlements.
Expanded Family Medical Leave
- Expanded Family Medical Leave Request Form (PDF)
- Expanded Family Medical Leave Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
Emergency Paid Sick Leave
- Emergency Paid Sick Leave Request Form (PDF)
- Emergency Paid Sick Leave Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
Face Covering Policy
All Baltimore County employees are required to wear a face covering while in County office buildings or facilities. Face coverings are to be worn in all common areas including, but not limited to, work spaces, restrooms, hallways, stairwells, elevators, mailrooms, etc. Additionally, if your duties require you to use a face covering while driving, please use caution against vision obstruction and eye glasses fogging up.
View the full Face Covering Guidance Document and Policy (PDF).
Reporting to Work
Find information about reporting to work procedures in the Health Screening and Temperature Assessment Guidance Document (PDF).
New employee sign-ins will be completed by Departments in partnership with the Office of Human Resources (OHR). OHR will send the onboarding documents to all agency HR liaisons. An appointment will be scheduled for the new employee to call in to OHR to review their paperwork and answer any questions the employee may have. Please review the following documents for detailed information:
- New Employee Sign-in Guidance Memo (PDF)
- New Employee Sign-in Documents for HR Liaisons (PDF)
- Waiver to Start Employment Before Completing the Pre-Employment Process (PDF)
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion New Employee Policy Acknowledgement (PDF) Note: Read Executive Order 2019-002 prior to signing.
Effective Wednesday, March 18, any Baltimore County employee who can telework must telework. If you have any questions about your eligibility to telework, contact your immediate supervisor.
Please review the following documents for information pertaining to employee travel:
- Guidance for Employees Returning from Travel (PDF)
- Guidance for Truck and Commercial Transportation Traffic Originating In or Transiting Through New York to a Maryland Destination (PDF)