Council Bill 35-17 requires the Baltimore County Ethics Commission to provide training on the requirements of the County public ethics law to specific County public officials, including members of certain boards and commissions. These individuals must complete the training within six months of filling the vacancy, and then once a year each calendar year thereafter.
Public Ethics Law Training
The required training will cover all aspects of the County public ethics law, including:
- The purposes of the public ethics law
- The Ethics Commission and its processes for complaints and advisory opinions
- Conflict of interest provisions (including employment and participation prohibitions)
- Financial disclosure requirements
- Requirements for lobbyists
Date and Location
Training dates will be scheduled and posted in the near future.