R. Jay Fisher, Sheriff
County Courts Building
401 Bosley Avenue
Towson, Maryland 21204
Applicant and Internal Affairs Unit
Meet the Sheriff
Sheriff Fisher has thirty-three years of professional law enforcement experience with the Baltimore Police Department. Prior to his retirement he was the Operational Commander of the nationally acclaimed Warrant Apprehension Task Force, a unit that is multi-jurisdictional and responsible for serving warrants throughout the State of Maryland. Sheriff Fisher is the recipient of numerous commendations and awards. He is a graduate of The University of Baltimore and received a Bachelor of Arts degree.
Sheriff Fisher's vision is a "New Beginning for the Sheriff's Office:"
- Establish professionalism and public's trust
- Improve technology to enhance security and operational efficiency
- Develop a working and harmonious relationship with local law enforcement and other State and County agencies
- Achieve a balance between effective Court House security and accessibility by the public and elected officials
- Develop a comprehensive plan to increase warrant service
The Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between Baltimore County Administration and the Baltimore County Deputy Sheriffs Fraternal Order of Police Lodge, number 25, is available for review.
Citizen complaints against sworn or civilian personnel of the Baltimore County Sheriff’s Office may be made to:
- the Internal Affairs Unit by calling 410-887-3356
- in writing addressed to the Internal Affairs Unit or the Sheriff at 401Bosley Avenue, Towson, Maryland 21204
- any member of the Sheriff’s Office
- in person by responding to the Office of the Baltimore County Sheriff at 401 Bosley Avenue, Towson, Maryland 21204
The Mission of the Baltimore County Sheriff's Office is to maintain the integrity and provide service to the Baltimore County Circuit Court, to provide assistance and support to the citizens of Baltimore County, and to cooperate with all law enforcement agencies in their quest to maintain order in our community.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Revised October 27, 2016