The Baltimore County Department of Aging has published the award-winning Senior Digest since April 1977. Produced eight times a year and mailed to subscriber's homes every six weeks, Digest includes articles that are relevant to the lives of older adults in and around the County.
Regular features in Senior Digest include:
- Medicare Matters, which includes articles from the Senior Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Travel, Volunteer and Employment Opportunities
- A Community Billboard, which highlights activities at Senior Centers and throughout the County
- Columns from the County Executive, County Council President, and the County police department on current events and senior issues
- A Food page complete with recipes and nutrition tips
- Book reviews, an environmental column, a crossword puzzle, and much, much more!
Senior Digest Highlights - Read sample articles from past issues of Senior Digest.
Become a Subscriber
Subscriptions for Baltimore County residents aged 60 and over is $5 per year and $7 per year for all others. To order a subscription, mail the subscription form linked below, along with a check or money order to: Senior Digest, 611 Central Avenue, Towson, MD 21204. For more information call 410-887-3050 or e-mail email@example.com.
Subscription Form (PDF) The Senior Digest subscription form is in PDF format and will open in a new window.
Be Part of a Reliable Resource
Senior Digest also offers advertising opportunities. The Digest's large typeface and four-column layout allows for maximum visibility of each advertisement. Year-long advertising contracts are discounted and offer the opportunity to familiarize readers with your company's services.
- Commercial classifieds cost $.50 per word (minimum $7.50)
- Non-commercial classifieds cost $.20 per word (minimum $2)
- Display rates start as low as $50 per issue
For more information about advertising in Senior Digest, call 410-887-3050 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Revised June 20, 2012