Baltimore County Names 2021 Women of the Year
Read about the 2021 winners: Woman and Young Woman of the Year, and the Woman Making a Difference Awardee.
Each year the Baltimore County Commission for Women accepts nominations for its annual "Woman of the Year," "Young Woman of the Year" and "Woman Making a Difference" awards.
The Commission is no longer accepting nominations for the 2021 Woman of the Year awards.
Previous winners and elected officials are not eligible to be nominated.
Woman of the Year
- Must reside in Baltimore County for a minimum of three years
- Has made significant, unique and lasting contributions within the community, workplace or school to champion the interests and needs of women and families
- Serves as a role model of inspiration and achievement for other women
- Enhances the lives of the citizens of Baltimore County
Young Woman of the Year
- Must be a high school senior attending a Baltimore County school
- Is a proven leader
- Has made an extraordinary impact on her school and community through volunteering
Woman Making a Difference
- Will be chosen from the nominees submitted for WOTY and YWOTY
- Has made a powerful impact on the community through volunteer efforts (includes college students)
- Has outstanding achievements or made unique contributions to their community
- Ability to provide creative solutions to complex community and social challenges