Most Popular Services
The Department of Social Services strives to promote individual well-being, stronger families and communities, to protect vulnerable children and adults from abuse and neglect, and to provide support to help people achieve and sustain independence. The Department also:
- Administers entitlement and benefit programs—Temporary Cash Assistance, Food Supplement Program, Medical Assistance and Energy Assistance
- Provides family-centered safe homes for children who cannot remain in their homes.
- Provides referrals to foster treatment facilities for children who are physically or emotionally vulnerable.
- Offers continuing family services, homeless services, in home aide services.
- Provides leadership and staffing for shelter operations in emergency events
EBT Card and Appeal Hearing Changes
EBT cards are no longer being issued at the Drumcastle location at 6401 York Road. Request a replacement card online or by calling 1-800-997-2222. All appeal hearings will be held at the Office of Child Support at 211 Schilling Circle. For questions, call 1-800-332-6347.
- EBT Fraud Notice—Be aware of EBT fraud. Stolen SNAP, TCA and TDAP benefits cannot be replaced by the state of Maryland. Learn how to protect your EBT card and keep your benefits safe by viewing the State's videos in English or Spanish.
- Customer Service Survey—In order to help us continuously improve our programs and services, please complete our customer service survey, available in English or Spanish, to share your feedback regarding your experience with us.
- Health Insurance—If you need health insurance, visit MarylandHealthConnection.gov today. If you’ve had a big change in your life, such as moving to Maryland or losing coverage through your job, sign up at Maryland Health Connection and get financial help with your health plan. Nine out of 10 people who got covered through Maryland Health Connection got financial help to lower the cost of their plan.
Learn who to contact regarding the following benefits and programs
|Child Care Subsidy (CCS)|
Department of Human Services
|Department of Social Services|
Faxing to 410-853-3025 or 410-853-3212
Submit documents and verification paperwork
|Baltimore County Health and Human Services Constituent Services|
|Maryland Health Connection||Learn about health insurance programs.|
Notice of Equal Opportunity
Our agency supports the provision of services to all clients. Read the Maryland Department of Human Services (DHS) notice of equal opportunity to learn about how to request reasonable accommodations or file a complaint. Disability laws, regulations and guidance information can be found by visiting the Office of Civil Rights website.
If you believe that you are entitled to a reasonable accommodation because of your disability, but one was not provided, call 410-887-0596 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals with limited english proficiency or who require additional assistance can contact:
Maryland Commission on Civil Rights