We offer a wide range of job opportunities. Positions may include:
- Home health aides
- Income maintenance workers
- Information technology specialists
- Professional social workers
As our department is an agency of both Baltimore County and the State of Maryland, we hire both County and State employees.
Baltimore County Job Openings
View available opportunities and apply online for the Baltimore County Department of Social Services, or call 410-887-JOBS.
Become a Child Welfare Worker
The Department is in need of qualified child welfare workers to help children in need, as advocates, counselors, listeners and problem-solvers. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensuring safe, permanent, nurturing families for children and youth through reunification, adoption or guardianship
- Partnering with families to identify strengths and issues, as well as assist with finding solutions
- Supporting families to successfully and safely care for their children. We
- Protecting children from future abuse and neglect
- Addressing children's emotional, behavioral or health problems
- Assisting older youth to develop the skills and attitudes necessary to live a satisfying and productive adult life
- Licensure at the graduate level, or that candidates be license eligible and earn the Licensed Graduate Social Worker (LGSW) within the first year of employment
- A masters degree in social work
- A generous benefits package including free continuing education
- Advanced licensure supervision
- A supportive work environment and strong teamwork with peers
- Job Network—If you apply for Temporary Cash Assistance, receive Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits or are a transitioning foster youth or noncustodial parent who owes child support, Job Network can assist with job seeker/placement services and pre-employment workshops.
- Division of Rehabilitation Services—Assists job seekers with a disability.