- Activity Rooms
- Community Center
- Meeting Rooms
- Paved Walking Paths
The historic and famed Bethlehem Steel Mill in Sparrows Point is about to breathe new life thanks to Tradepoint Atlantic’s generous donation of a 21-acre waterview park site, located at 1900 Wharf Road in Baltimore.
This project will be the first entirely new park built by Baltimore County Department of Recreation and Parks in six years, and will fill a longstanding recreational gap in the Edgemere-Sparrows Point area.
The County Executive’s Fiscal Year 2023 budget includes funding for this project to be completely designed and constructed in one phase. This single phase, while adding additional design time to the project schedule, will result in project construction savings.
View Site Plans and Photos
View the Sparrows Point Park concept plan and progress photos.
The proposed park plan will be a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Platinum designed project that includes:
- 16,000 square foot community center with double court gym, two community-accessible activity rooms and concessions area
- Full-size synthetic turf field with LED lighting
- 10,000 square foot playground
- ADA accessible fishing pier and kayak launch
- Scenic walking path
- December 2018—County Council unanimously approves the project.
- September 2019—Community input meeting.
- February 2020—Second community input meeting. Watch the recording.
- September 2022—County Council to vote on land transfer/donation agreement.
- Fall 2023 to Fall/Winter 2024—Groundbreaking and Construction.
- Fall/Winter 2024—Grand Opening.