- Boat Ramps
- Picnic Areas
- Recreation And Parks Office
- Sand Volleyball Courts
Park Hours: Year round for fishing, boating and picnicking from sunrise to sunset.
Beach Hours: Swimming is allowed at the beach, Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., when lifeguards are on duty. Restrooms are unlocked during beach season when staff are on duty.
Located at the mouth of Back and Middle Rivers, this park boasts an expansive view of the Chesapeake Bay, Hart-Miller Island and Craighill Light and one of the nicest beaches on the upper Chesapeake.
The 33 acres comprising the picnic and beach areas of Rocky Point Park feature a 300-foot beach and 18 picnic areas including:
- A large 40-by-60-foot pavilion and a smaller pavilion
- Several shaded groves
- Two playgrounds
- Sand volleyball court
- Sailing center
- Fishing pier
- Two boat ramps
- First aid station
- Comfort station
- Hart-Miller Island—A Maryland State Park accessible only by personal boat, approximately two miles from Rocky Point Park. For more information, call 410-592-2897 or contact the Maryland Department of Natural Resources.
Park Fees, Rentals and Rules
Visit the Rocky Point program page to find details about the following items:
- Admission and Rental Fees
- Reserve Pavilions and Picnic Groves
Vessel Size: Large (Vessels less than 16 feet in length are considered small and those greater than 16 feet as large.)
Community: Nature, Environment, Agriculture and Programs
The park features both a deep water two-lane ramp and a shallow two-lane ramp. Boaters, kayaks, paddle boards, canoes and jet skis using the ramp from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day are charged a general admission fee.
All boaters are asked to be out of the parks by the closing time.