Skip Navigation

Highway Design Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Is my road going to be widened or resurfaced?

A. Call the Highway Design Section at 410-887-3739 to receive information involving any proposed road widening. Call the Bureau of Highways at 410-887-3560 to receive information involving resurfacing of existing roadways.

Q. Are there any proposed roads to be constructed in my area?

A. We can provide this information for public projects by calling 410-887-3739; however, numerous road improvement projects are associated with development projects, please call Development Plans Review at 410-887-3751 for these projects.

Q. When will a project be completed?

A. Call the Highway Design Section at 410-887-3739 to get dates for the estimated construction date. After a project is under construction, call Construction Contracts Administration at 410-887-3531 to find out about the construction schedule.

Q. I am interested in starting a petition to have my road improved with curb and gutter. Who should I call?

A. Call the Highway Design Section at 410-887-3739.

Revised April 7, 2021         


A new website for Baltimore County

We're working to provide you with a better experience, and want your feedback. Learn more about our project and give your feedback.

Did This Page Help?
Fields marked with * are required.
Page Rating*