Skip Navigation

Traffic Engineering and Transportation Planning

Submit a Request or Complaint

Submit a service request or complaint to Traffic Engineering online. We'll investigate your concern and contact you soon.

Traffic signs and signals are maintained by either Baltimore County or State Highway Administration. For immediate safety issues, call 911. They will contact the appropriate agency for emergency response.

Responsibilities and Divisions

This Bureau plans for anticipated County-wide transportation needs and ensures a safe, efficient operation of the Baltimore County highway system.

Sign Requests

Requests for "Slow: Children at Play" signs can be made through the Bureau of Traffic Engineering; however, they are not recommended by Baltimore County. These signs are not recognized by the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices as legitimate warning signs. They do not warn of specific dangers or situations. In fact, they are forbidden by some jurisdictions, such as Baltimore City, Anne Arundel and Montgomery counties, and the Maryland State Highway Administration.

These signs may be obtained in limited quantities from Shannon-Baum Signs, Inc. To request a sign, complete the sign order form and send to:

Bureau of Traffic Engineering
111 West Chesapeake Avenue, Room 326
Towson, Maryland 21204

Other Items of Interest

  • Road Closures—Find out about roads closed due to repairs and maintenance, flooding and accidents
  • Road Closure Reimbursement Policy—Find information on the procedures for reimbursing Baltimore County for expenses related to road closures.
  • Level of Service—View level of service for traffic signals at Baltimore County intersections.
  • Engineering Projects—Learn about engineering projects in your council district, such as road closures, bridge repairs, water or sewer line repairs or installations

Explore Traffic


Contact Us

Traffic Engineering and Transportation Planning

111 West Chesapeake Avenue
Room 326
Towson, Maryland 21204





Bureau Chief

Angelica Daniel