Most Popular Services
What We Do
Established on May 7, 2021, the components of the new Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) include:
- The County’s housing stability efforts, such as eviction and foreclosure prevention, tenant counseling, legal services and benefits navigation support.
- The Office of Housing, which supports efforts to provide affordable housing opportunities for low-income families while furthering fair housing efforts and addressing housing discrimination. This office also includes the County’s federally-funded housing inspectors.
- The Neighborhood Improvement Division, which manages state and federal grants for housing development, homeownership services, home modification and rehabilitation programs, and grants to partners.
- The Office of Homeless Services, which works with public and private stakeholders to address and prevent people from experiencing homelessness.
- Oversight of the County’s Voluntary Compliance Agreement (VCA) with the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- Supporting the work of the County’s Commission on Disabilities.