A wide range of outpatient mental health services are offered throughout the County for children and adults, as well as mobile treatment and case management services.
Mobile Treatment services are community-based, intensive outpatient services that provide outreach, treatment and support to:
- Individuals with mental illness who may be homebound
- Individuals for whom more traditional forms of outpatient treatment have been ineffective
- Individuals who have had repeated psychiatric hospital stays
Services are provided by a multidisciplinary team in the individual’s natural environment (example: home, street, shelters, etc.). Services include:
- Psychiatric evaluation and treatment
- Clinical assessment
- Medication management monitoring
- Interactive therapies
- Support with daily living skills
- Assistance with locating housing
- Case management
Mental Health Case Management
Mental health case management services rendered by a provider are time-limited, intensive services to individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and serious emotional disturbance.
- Assessment of the individual's needs
- Planning and coordination of needed services
- Linking the individual to services
- Monitoring receipt of services
- Advocating on behalf of the individual
Mental health case management does not include direct therapy and is not authorized for the sole purpose of providing transportation to appointments.
The agencies listed below provide outpatient mental health services for children and adults.
- Services of the public mental health system for children and adults who have Medical Assistance (MA). Some uninsured clients may be eligible. Optum is the managed care organization employed by the State of Maryland to authorize use of mental health services funded by MA.
- Individual, group and family therapy; psychiatry with medication monitoring when needed
- School-based mental health clinics at selected schools
|Center Name and Locations
Advanced Therapeutic Connections
Aspire Wellness Center, Essex
Franklin Square-Bay Life Behavioral Health
Healthcare Living for Families (MH, SA, PRP, TBS), Windsor Mill
Hope Health Systems MTS, Woodlawn
Hopkins Bayview Community Psychiatry, Baltimore City
Jewish Community Services
Key Point Health Services
|Life Renewal Services, Woodlawn
|Main Street Mental Health/Mobile Treatment, Reisterstown
Mosaic Community Services
National Pike Health Center
Thrive Behavioral Health
Universal Therapeutic Center, Catonsville
Villa Maria Behavioral Health Clinic
Resources for the Uninsured
View the following resources for mental health clinics, sliding scale referrals and domestic violence counseling. Uninsured patients must meet the eligibility criteria.
|Center Locations and Contact Info
Baltimore Medical Systems
Chase-Brexton Health Services
Community Behavioral Services
Keypoint Health Systems
Loyola University Clinical Center
Main St. OMHC
Mosaic Community Services OMHC
Pastoral Counseling Services
|Pro Bono Counseling
Notes: Application form required; does not serve clients with chronic major mental illness or history of violent behavior.
- MEDBANK—Assists those with limited income looking for access to medical resources. Call 410-821-9262.
- Partnership for Prescription Assistance—Assists people with limited income to access no- or low-cost medications from pharmaceutical companies. Call 1-888-477-2669.
- Pharmacy Assistance Programs—For income eligible individuals without MA.
- Primary Adult Care (PAC) Program—Call 1-800-226-2142 for general medical care, mental health care and pharmacy assistance.