Environmental Health Services (EHS) requires the operators of each medium and high priority food service facility to have a Certified Food Manager on-site during all hours of operation.
Certified Food Service Manager—Level I
Level I is required for medium and high priority facilities. These facilities can operate one or more days per week. If a nonprofit facility operates four or more days per week, a Certified Food Service Manager Level I is required.
Complete the Level I application and review the information below.
Environmental Health Services
Drumcastle Government Center
6401 York Road, Third Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21212
A legible copy of the certifying organization certificate must be attached to the application. This certificate is only valid in Baltimore County for three years from the date of the examination. Note: The certifying organizations are:
- 360training.com, Inc., Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification Program
- AboveTraining or StateFoodSafety, Certified Food Protection Manager (CFPM) Exam
- Food Protection Manager Certification
- National Restaurant Association, ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification Program
- Prometric, Inc., Food Protection Manager Certification Program
- National Registry of Food Safety Professionals, Food Protection Manager Certification Program, International Certified Food Safety Manager
- The Always Food Safe Company, LLC
The fee for a Baltimore County Certified Manager—Level I Identification Card is $35.
The cost of a replacement card is $21. Make check or money order payable to "Baltimore County, Maryland." Payment cannot be made with cash.
Certified Food Service Manager—Level II
Level II is required for a volunteer fire company or bona fide nonprofit fraternal, civic, veteran, religious or charitable organization that operates a high or medium priority food service facility three days or less per week. Training is provided at no cost for these individuals.
Register for Training
Attendees must pre-register below and have computer access to participate in the free, virtual Webex training, which will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis.