Skip Navigation

Francis Scott Key Bridge Incident Updates 
County offices are closed on Monday, May 27, for Memorial Day.

Watershed Monitoring aims to eliminate illicit water pollution by receiving and investigating pollution reports and referring environmental emergencies and concerns to appropriate authorities. A concern is a problem that could have negative impacts on the environment, such as:

  • Chemical spills
  • Discharging wash water to a storm drain
  • Fish kills
  • Sewage overflows
  • Stream or stormwater that smells or looks bad
  • Trash dumping 

Citizen reports of environmental problems are a great complement to regular monitoring programs. Citizens can provide immediate local information that increases the chance of eliminating illicit connections to pipes in the storm drain system. Watershed Restoration maintains a database with all County residents' waterway and stream complaints, including problems with blockages, erosion and debris.

What to Know Before Reporting

Contact Information for Reporting

Learn who to contact based on the type of issue being reported.

Contact InformationRegarding
Phone: 1-800-685-1023
Trees endangering power lines

Bureau of Highways
Report online
Phone: 410-887-3560

Roadside dumping and debris
Capital Projects and Operations (CPO)
Investigates advises the property owner on corrective measures, or if the issue meets certain criteria, it will be recommended as a potential Capital Restoration Project.
Phone: 410-887-2904
  • Debris in waterways that poses dangers to recreational boaters
  • Erosion along County streams and coastlines
  • Excessive erosion or aggradation (accumulation of sediment)
Code Enforcement 
Report online
Phone: 410-887-3351

Trash and debris on private property

Department of Public Works and Transportation

Maryland Department of the Environment
Emergency Response Division
24/7 Phone: 1-866-633-4686

The following are environmental emergencies as well as immediate threats to public health:

  • Fish kills
  • Chemical spills
  • Sewage overflows

Stormwater Operations
Phone: 410-887-5860

For Emergencies:
Baltimore County Marine Police Unit
Phone: 410-887-0279

  • Abandoned boats
  • Floating debris preventing safe navigation in tidal waterways

Your Homeowners' Association or a local watershed association

Trash in waterways

Report Online

To report a concern, complete the form below or call 410-887-5683.

Report an Environmental Concern
Fields marked with >> are required.
Contact Information
You may remain anonymous, but we will not be able to provide you follow-up information on the investigation. Also, we may need to contact you for clarification or additional information.

Explore Watersheds

Contact Us

Watershed Management and Monitoring

County Office Building
111 West Chesapeake Avenue
Room 305
Towson, Maryland 21204





Horacio Tablada