Operating Grants funded through the Baltimore County Commission on Arts and Sciences provide general operating support for organizations that offer visual and performing arts, science and humanities programs, performances, exhibitions and lectures that benefit Baltimore County residents.
Not-for-profit organizations in Baltimore County, Baltimore City, Anne Arundel, Carroll, Howard and Harford Counties are eligible to apply for funding for arts activities that take place in their jurisdictions and serve Baltimore County residents. It is the Commission's policy not to be the sole source of funding for any applicant.
The Baltimore County Commission on Arts and Sciences considers the following criteria as it evaluates each grant proposal:
- Artistic quality and consistency of performances, exhibits or programs
- Programming continues to evolve creatively
- Public receptivity
- Programming includes educational component
- Clear explanation of how programs and services fulfill organization's mission
- Enhances quality of life by fulfilling community need
- Enhances Baltimore region's cultural stature
- Proactive outreach to attract new audiences from the County
- Creativity of outreach programs, including partnerships with County-based organizations
- Geographic diversity of programs and outreach within the County
- Number and extent of programs or activities that take place in County
- Extent and quality of proactive outreach efforts to meet the needs of underserved, marginalized and diverse populations who by virtue of their age, income, locale, physical or developmental ability, or any other characteristic have fewer opportunities, less visibility and limited access to programs available to the general public
- Outreach and inclusion of citizens of diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds, including on boards, advisory groups and staff
- Exhibits financial responsibility and stability
- Ability to organize and develop means to support plans and activities as measured by prior record and soundness of plans
- Ability to leverage in-kind, board and volunteer resources
- Ability to secure multiple funding sources (public, private, foundation, individual)
- Budget data consistent, accurate and complete
The application period for Fiscal Year 2023 Operating Grants is closed. Please check back for updates.
Final Report Form
Organizations that receive operating grant funding must file a final report.