View the COVID-19 protocols for visiting our senior centers.
Edgemere Senior Center is situated on the scenic Green Cove off of Back River, which flows directly into the Chesapeake Bay. Non-County residents 60 years of age are also allowed to participate at the center when space is available. There are no fees to attend or join the center.
State-of-the-art fitness center and studio, open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Programs and Activities
View a list of programs, activities and upcoming events in the most recent edition of "The Edgemere Beacon" the Edgemere Senior Center's monthly newsletter.
- Eating Together Program—Lunch is offered at noon, Monday through Friday. Participants must reserve a meal in advance. Individuals 60 years and older are requested to make an anonymous donation to offset the cost of the lunch.
- Fitness classes, including exercise and swimming opportunities through a partnership with the Community College of Baltimore County, Dundalk Campus
- Insurance Counseling—Trained volunteers are available to answer Medicare questions. Call 410-887-2059 to learn more.
- Tax Assistance—AARP volunteers are available during the tax season to assist with tax preparation.
- Travel opportunities
- Watercolor painting and stained glass
Community Outreach Specialist
A Community Outreach Specialist is available at the Edgemere Senior Center on the second Tuesday of each month from 10 a.m. to noon. The Outreach Specialist can also visit homebound seniors in the community to provide information and assistance.
Explore the below upcoming events, fitness opportunities, activities and programs available at Edgemere Senior Center, or browse the calendar for more dates beyond what is listed below.
- White House Memories
- Thursday October 13 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- Callicoon, New York: Monday, October 17 - Friday, October 21
- Monday October 17 All Day - Friday October 21 All Day
- Halloween Party
- Wednesday October 26 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Annual Fall Bazaar
- Saturday November 05 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Pennsylvania: Wednesday, November 30
- Wednesday November 30 All Day
- Lancaster, Pennsylvania: Wednesday, December 14
- Wednesday December 14 All Day