You can join the Cycling Seniors of Baltimore County (CSBC) if you are 60 years or older and interested in participating in bicycle rides around Maryland and surrounding areas. There is no charge for membership. All members must complete the form below annually.
About the Bicycle Rides
Members will receive a link to detailed ride information after registration. Rides are scheduled on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from April until mid-November. Most rides are within an hour’s drive from the Baltimore area. All rides start at 10 a.m. unless told otherwise. View a video from a recent ride. We are always looking for new ride leaders to lead rides. Contact email@example.com if you are interested in learning more about leading rides with Cycling Seniors.
Riders must be at the starting location at least 20 minutes early to allow time to get their bike ready and sign in. Your bike should be in good condition to ride. Be sure to pick a ride that is within your ability, taking into account terrain and distance as well as weather conditions.
What to Bring
While Maryland law only requires those 16 and under to wear a helmet when cycling in public areas, we strongly recommend the use of helmets by Cycling Senior Participants. You should also bring:
- Two water bottles, snacks and a lunch
- A tire pump, spare tube and tools to fix a flat
- A road ID or driver’s license
- Bike lights and flashers
- A cell phone
Become a Member
Read the user terms below before registering for the program.
User Terms and Conditions
Cycling seniors program release and waiver of liability, assumption of risk, and indemnity agreement (“agreement”) in consideration of being permitted to participate in any way in the Cycling Seniors Program (“Program”) I for myself, my personal representatives, assigns, heirs and most next of kin.
- Acknowledge, agree and represent that I understand the nature of the Program and that I am qualified to participate in such Program. I further acknowledge that the Program will be conducted over the public roads and facilities open to the public during the activity and upon which the hazards of traveling are to be expected. I further agree and warrant that if at any time I believe conditions to be unsafe, I will immediately discontinue further participation in the Program.
- Fully understand that: (a) bicycling activities involve risks and dangers of serious bodily injury including permanent disability, paralysis and death (“risks”); (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by own actions, or inactions, the actions or inactions of other participants, the condition in which the Program takes place, or the negligence of the “releasees” named below; ( c ) there may be other risks and social and economic losses either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I fully accept and assume all such risks and all responsibility for losses, costs, and damages I incur as a result of my participation in the Program.
- Hereby release, discharge, covenant not to sue, and agree to indemnify and save and hold harmless THE Baltimore County Government, the Baltimore County Department of Aging, the Cycling Seniors Program, their respective administrators, directors, agents, and employees, other participants, any sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and leasers of the premises on which the Program takes place ( each considered one of the releasees herein) from all liability, claims, demands, losses or damages on my ac-count caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the “releasees” or otherwise, including negligent rescue operations.
- Consent to emergency medical treatment in the event I experience injury or illness while participating in the Program.
- Grant permission to use my image, likeness, and/or voice recordings in any photographs, or other recordings made of this Program for legitimate educational and informational purposes.
- Acknowledge that wearing an approved bicycle helmet is strongly encouraged while riding in this program.
I have read this agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by selecting the checkbox in the registration form/signing. I have signed it freely and without any inducement or assurance of any nature and intended it to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law and agree that if any potion of this agreement is held to be valid the balance, notwithstanding, shall continue in full force and effect.