Skip Navigation

The Baltimore County Department of Planning administers two separate funding programs to provide financial assistance to modify rental units for people with disabilities. Accessibility modifications are intended to address the particular needs of a disabled family member and may include installation of railings or ramps, bathtub inserts, alert systems, different flooring or other structural modifications. To be eligible, a family member must have a disability, have a one-year lease for a rental unit in Baltimore County and meet certain income guidelines.

The Conciliation Housing Accessibility Modification Program (CHAMP) is only available for residents using housing vouchers.

The Housing Accessibility Modification Program (HAMP) is open to families with incomes 80 percent or below Area Median Income.

Additional Resources

Contact for Housing Modification Programs

If you have questions or would like more information about housing modification programs, contact Housing Associate Monica Grinnage at 410-887-3668 or

A new website for Baltimore County

We're working to provide you with a better experience, and want your feedback. Learn more about our project and give your feedback.