Baltimore County has launched a partnership with Hands On Connect to make finding volunteer opportunities even easier.
Opportunities Sponsored by Baltimore County Government
- Home Team—Help for homebound seniors
- RSVP—Retired and Senior Volunteer Program
- Long Term Care Ombudsman—Advocate for assisted living and nursing home residents
- Baltimore County Public Schools—Volunteer for local schools
- Local Watershed Associations—Volunteering for the environment
- Senior Centers—Volunteer at Baltimore County Department of Aging senior centers
Make a Difference
As you begin the search for possible opportunities, keep the following tips in mind:
- Identify the causes you are most passionate about and with which you have the strongest connection.
- Recognize what strengths and skills you bring to the table and how this may be of benefit to organizations.
- Understand the qualifications required of a volunteer for a particular opportunity, such as physical labor and travel.
- Assess what kind of time commitment you are willing to make and compare it with the level of commitment required.
- Be prepared for the possibility of an initial screening process; this may include an application, interview or background check.
- Determine what kind of initial training, if any, will be offered.
- Remember that volunteering should be fun and meaningful. If you don’t feel charged by what you are doing, you may want to consider serving in another capacity or with another cause.
Read the terms and conditions below to use this search engine to find volunteer opportunities throughout the Baltimore County community. A range of opportunities are available and can be searched according to skill and interest.
Nonprofit or government agencies are invited to create an account and use this free platform to advertise their volunteer opportunities.
User Terms and Conditions
Note: You will be redirected to a webpage that is not compatible with Internet Explorer. Please use another browser.
Please review the information below and agree to the terms to register with the Volunteering in Baltimore County website.
The Hands On Connect Service (the "Service") is available to prospective volunteers who register to use the Service ("Volunteers") and to legally incorporated nonprofit or government entities, schools, faith-based organizations, neighborhood associations recognized as such by the County and for-profit organizations that engage volunteers in direct client contact ("Volunteer Organizations"). The County provides the link to the Service as a convenience to the public solely for the purposes of allowing Volunteers and Volunteer Organizations to communicate regarding volunteer opportunities. The County reviews the application of each Volunteer Organization to determine eligibility to use the Service and may also review volunteer opportunities provided to the Service from time to time for eligibility for inclusion in the Service. Volunteer Organizations and the volunteer opportunities must be in accordance with the mission of the County and the County reserves the right to exclude an organization and/or volunteer opportunity not consistent with the mission of the County.
Use of This Site by Children
This is a general audience web site and we do not direct any of our content specifically at children. You must be at least 13 years of age to register with the Service. If you are under the age of 13, you may not register with the Service.
Terms Applicable to Volunteers and Volunteer Organizations
Your registration constitutes an application to use the Service and you agree to provide accurate and complete information. It is your responsibility to inform the Service of any changes to such information. Your contact with any Volunteer Organization or person and your participation in the Service is at your own risk. You will create a password to access the Service. You are responsible for all use of the Service by anyone accessing the Service through your password. You agree that Baltimore County is not liable for any damage, loss or injury resulting from your use of or participation with the Service or any of the volunteer opportunities associated therewith and you agree to defend, indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities or expenses brought by any Volunteer, Volunteer Organization or any third party that is related to or arising therefrom.
Baltimore County does not provide any representations or warranties as to any of the information provided by or contained in the Service, other links, websites and Volunteer Organization sites, including but not limited to the accuracy, completeness, reliability, or suitability of the data provided in general or to any particular Volunteer Organization, recipient, or regarding any use or interpretation thereof. The inclusion of any organization or person in the Service does not constitute a representation, warranty, or endorsement with respect to the competence, suitability, or reliability of such organization or person by the County. Baltimore County disclaims any responsibility for errors or the accuracy of the information and for the application and use of the information beyond its intended purpose.
Select "I Agree" to indicate your agreement to the terms and conditions. Read more about our terms and conditions.