Skip Navigation

Bureau of Utilities

Water Issues and Bills

Baltimore City is responsible for the water service in Baltimore County. There are a number of different issues related to the water service that are handled by Baltimore City, and some that are handled by Baltimore County. View additional information on water issues

Report Non-Emergencies Online

For non-emergency requests, use the form below.

Fields marked with * are required.
Your Contact Information
Your Comments
Bureau/ResponsibilitiesContact Information

Call 410-887-0275 for:

  • Sewers backfilling
  • Sidewalks broken by water mains

Call 410-887-7428 for:

  • Bikeways
  • Lost items in storm drains
  • Sewer covers/manholes
  • Storm drain boxes/inlets along County roads

Call 410-887-7415 for:

  • Drawbridge openings
  • Emergency storm drain repairs
  • Existing issues with house utility connections
  • Sanitary sewers/connections
  • Water/fire hydrant leaks, broken mains

Call 410-887-5488 for:

  • Fire hydrant industrial user surcharge
  • Septic hauler/commercial industrial permits
Baltimore City
  • Main breaks, repairs, maintenance
  • Public water—Supply, quality, pressure complaints, shutoff requests
  • Water billing
  • Water meters/covers/frames (broken, leaking or caving in)

For water/valve vault covers, call 443-263-2220 or email

Responsibilities and Divisions

Explore Utilities


Contact Us

Bureau of Utilities

4421 Bucks Schoolhouse Road
Baltimore, Maryland 21237


Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 4 p.m.




Bureau Chief

Bryan Bokey