Police Community Relations Councils (PCRC) provide an open forum where citizens, community leaders and representatives of the local business community may bring attention to problems within their neighborhood.
File Traffic Reports or Business Updates Online
Complete the online forms to report traffic problems in Precinct 8—Parkville, or to update your business night card.
Contact your precinct regarding the following programs.
Business Patrol Initiative
Domestic Violence Coordinator
|SHIELD Program||Officer J. Goorevitz|
About the Commander
Brian Edwards has been a member of the Police Department since 1995. He was born and raised in Parkville; graduated from Loch Raven High School, as well as Towson University; and is an Eagle Scout with Troop 124 that meets at a church in Parkville. He continues to be involved in these communities through an outreach ministry at his church.
- Assigned to the Towson Precinct midnight shift
- Selected as a detective in the Towson Precinct Investigative Services Unit
- Served in various detective roles in the Criminal Investigations Bureau (CIB), including five years in both the Robbery and Homicide units
- 2012—Promoted to corporal and assigned to the Warrant Apprehension Task Force (WATF). He served over five years in the WATF
- 2015—Promoted to sergeant with an assignment to the Wilkens Precinct
- 2017—Promoted to lieutenant and assigned as a shift commander in the Dundalk Precinct and then the commander of the Investigative Services/Support Operations
- 2018—Selected as the commander of the CIB, Special Victims Unit (SVU). As part of this assignment, he was appointed as the Police Department’s representative to the County Executive’s Sexual Assault Investigations Task Force. During this time in SVU, he oversaw:
- The updating of policies and procedures,
- The building of a “soft” victim interview suite
- An expanded SVU squad room,
- An expansion of personnel
- The formation of a Cold Case Investigative Squad
- 2022—Promoted to captain and assigned to the Parkville Precinct
Captain Edwards has served as a master diver and is currently the commander of the Underwater Recovery Team (Dive Team) as well as an ad-hoc instructor at the Training Academy.