Police Community Relations Councils (PCRC) provide an open forum where citizens, community leaders and representatives of the local business community may bring attention to problems within their neighborhood.
Contact your precinct regarding the following programs.
Business Patrol Initiative
Domestic Violence Coordinator
|Officer R. Sewell|
Mentor: J. Arnett
|SHIELD Program||Officer Q. Bull|
About the Commander
Captain Douglas McManus is a 36-year veteran of law enforcement. He was born and raised in California, where he began his law enforcement career with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department and later the City of Cypress Police Department in Orange County. Captain McManus has been a member of the Baltimore County Police Department for the past 27 years, starting his career with BCoPD at the Woodlawn Precinct as a patrol officer. Upon completion of his two year probation, he transferred to the Criminal Investigations Bureau (CIB), Robbery Unit.
- 1998—Promoted to the rank of corporal and was assigned to the Wilkens Precinct, followed by CIB, Robbery Unit
- 2002—Promoted to sergeant and assigned to the Internal Affairs Section and again in CIB, where he supervised the Financial and Cyber Crimes Unit, and later the Homicide Unit
- 2006—Promoted to lieutenant, worked in patrol as a shift commander at the Dundalk, Parkville and Pikesville precincts, followed by a return to CIB, where he supervised numerous units, including:
- Bomb Squad
- Burglary Unit
- Financial and Cyber Crimes Unit
- Firearms Interdiction Team
- Repeat Offender Unit
- 2012—Assumed command of the Tactical Unit
- 2013—Transferred to the Franklin Precinct as the assistant precinct commander
- 2019—Promoted to captain where he commanded the CIB, Property Crimes Section, and just prior to his current assignment, served as one of two night commanders