Police Community Relations Councils (PCRC) provide an open forum where citizens, community leaders and representatives of the local business community may bring attention to problems within their neighborhood.
Contact your precinct regarding the following programs.
Business Patrol Initiative
Domestic Violence Coordinator
|Officer B. Elliott|
Mentor: K. Saltzer
Co-mentor: A. Heavner
|SHIELD Program||Officer A. Heavner|
About the Commander
Captain Eliot Latchaw has been a member of the Baltimore County Police Department for 26 years.
- Began his career as a cadet in the Narcotics Unit.
- Worked as an officer, corporal, sergeant and lieutenant assigned to patrol in the Dundalk, Cockeysville, Parkville and Essex precincts.
- Worked as a detective in precinct-level investigations and narcotics.
- As a sergeant, he worked in the Violent Crimes Unit in the Criminal Investigations Bureau, the Criminal Apprehension Support Team and the SWAT team.
- Promoted to lieutenant where he was in charge of the countywide Criminal Investigations Bureau's Burglary Unit.
- 2015—Promoted to captain and assigned to the Special Operations Section where he oversaw the Aviation, K-9, Tactical, Marine and Hazardous Devices Teams.
- 2017—Took command of the Wilkens Precinct.
- 2021—Promoted to commander of Precinct 11 Essex.