All applicants are required to meet with staff prior to submitting applications.
Baltimore County's 21 officially designated Commercial Revitalization Districts offer a shopping and entertainment experience where family-owned businesses and national retail chains are neighbors. Each district is staffed by a planner who works closely with the business and property owners, business associations and the local communities to provide a range of services aimed at maintaining the health and vitality of our neighborhood commercial areas.
Check if Your Business Is in a Commercial Revitalization District
To see if your business is located in a Commercial Revitalization District:
- Visit My Neighborhood.
- Enter your address and select "search."
- The Commercial Revitalization District will be listed under the "economic" heading on the left side of the page.
Development projects within some Commercial Revitalization Districts may be subject to review and approval by the Design Review Panel. The commercial Design Review Areas include Arbutus, Catonsville, Essex, Loch Raven, Perry Hall, Pikesville and Towson.
|Detailed Map||Staff Contact|
|Detailed Map||Staff Contact|
Learn more about the following programs and resources.
|Program Details||Contact Information|
|Learn more about the Architect On Call program.||Marta Kulchytska|
|Building Improvement Loan Program (BILP)|
A $30,000 interest-free loan which can be used for exterior improvements such as awnings, landscaping and signage. This loan can be combined with the other economic development incentives for larger projects. Some minor interior and equipment improvements may also be financed. Download an application.
|Commercial Revitalization Tax Credit|
For larger projects, this benefit provides a five-year real property tax credit if physical improvements increase the assessed property value by $50,000 or more. A 10-year credit is available if improvement costs exceed $10 million. Applicants must apply within 120 days of the completed project in order to receive credit for the next tax year. Download an application.
|Commercial Revitalization Action Grant (CRAG)|
A $10,000 grant awarded annually to business associations for projects that benefit the overall districts. Examples include holiday lighting, welcome signs, website development, street trees, security cameras, farmers markets and more.
Learn more about our partners below.
- Baltimore County Chamber of Commerce
- Baltimore County Council
- Baltimore County Department of Economic and Workforce Development
- Baltimore County Landmarks Preservation Commission
- Baltimore County Revenue Authority
- Baltimore County Chamber of Commerce Small Business Resource Center
- Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development
- Maryland Department of Transportation
- Greater Arbutus Business Association
- Greater Catonsville Chamber of Commerce
- Chesapeake Gateway Chamber of Commerce
- Liberty Road Business Association
- Overlea-Fullerton Business and Professional Association
- Parkville-Carney Business Association
- Perry Hall White Marsh Business Association
- Greater Baltimore Chamber of Commerce (Pikesville, Owings Mills, Reisterstown and Northwest)
- Northwest Chamber of Commerce
- Security Woodlawn Business Association
- Towson Chamber of Commerce