Helping Restaurants and Bars Provide Expanded Outdoor Table Service
Baltimore County is expediting approvals to temporarily allow establishments to expand outdoor table service into areas not previously authorized, in a manner that ensures the safety of their customers and staff. Find more information.
The Zoning Review office:
- Processes all zoning petitions and forms, for example, special exceptions, special hearings and variances, as well as undersized lot applications
- Schedules the hearings before the Office of Administrative Hearings and public hearings
- Determines and manages closing dates for administrative variances, special hearings and other required zoning posting procedures
- Reviews all residential, commercial, and industrial building permits, including site and development plans for compliance with the zoning regulations
- Reviews and approves all zoning use permits
- Provides checklists and verification to assist in the zoning process
- Answers citizen inquiries and informs and assists the public concerning the interpretation and application of the Baltimore County Zoning Regulations including, but not limited to:
- Height, setback and general bulk requirements
- Subdivision density
- Permitted and prohibited uses in specific zoning classifications
My Neighborhood Interactive Map
Use My Neighborhood to find zoning information for Baltimore County. Identify zoning designations for particular properties, and research zoning case history, including zoning decisions, variances and special exceptions for properties since the 1930s.
Citizens Guide to Zoning
The Citizens Guide to Zoning provides information on the zoning process.
Comprehensive Zoning Maps Process
The zoning map process allows every parcel of land in the county to be reviewed for possible rezoning.
Zoning Fee Schedule
The Department of Permits, Approvals and Inspections publishes a Zoning Review Fee Schedule listing the charges for zoning hearings, use permits and other zoning related services.
- Baltimore County Codes and Zoning Regulations
- Development Review Committee (DRC) Lot Line Adjustments (LLA) Information
- DRC Lot Line Adjustments (LLA) Application and Checklist
- Orders of the Administrative Law Judges (dated July 1, 2013 to present)
- Zoning Review Forms