Important Notes Regarding Request Intake
- Deed Packages—Submit to the Records Section.
- Deliveries and Walk-In Project Status Requests—Accepted 9 to 11 a.m. and 2 to 3 p.m. Appointments are recommended.
- Information Requests—Accepted 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- General Mail—Deliver to the Legal Section.
The Real Estate Compliance Section handles right-of-ways, easements, and other related property matters for both private development and public use, as well as:
- Purchases real property for Baltimore County
- Disposes of real property no longer needed by the County (including exchanges)
- Processes road closings/openings, petitions and hearings
- Maintains the County land inventory
- Reviews and approves public deeds and plats
- Handles records and research
Complete the project transmittal request form.
Determine which section to contact regarding the following topics.
|Division to Contact||Regarding|
- Title examinations
- Valuation assignments in road improvements, easements, parks and public buildings
- Review of independent appraisals to ensure compliance with code, regulations and professional standards.
Contract and Property Settlement
- Deed status
- Real Estate Compliance closeout
Real Property Negotiations
- Relocation of property owners and tenants displaced by acquisitions
- Review of development plans prior to Hearing Officer's approval
- Proper disclosure of public improvements to the County as part of the close out process
- Real estate specialist
- Developer's deeds
- Acquiring real estate for public projects (road improvements, easements, parks, public buildings, etc.)
- Records and research
- County maintenance or ownership of roads
- County ownership of real property or easement rights over non-County property
- Openings/closings of roads
- Processing road closing applications
- Hearings held to foreclose the right of the general public to use a road
- Preparation and execution of legal documents for the transfer, sale or purchase of land
- Acquiring County-owned property
- Releasing of County easement