Paper Permit Applications No Longer Accepted
As of Monday, November 1, all applications for building, plumbing, electrical and other construction permits must be completed online. To help with the transition, first come, first serve public work stations will be placed in the lobby with available staff to help customers create their online accounts and applications.
For details on account creation, relevant permit types and document needs, visit the the online permit application section.
Helping Restaurants and Bars Provide Expanded Outdoor Table Service
Baltimore County is expediting necessary approvals to temporarily allow establishments to expand outdoor table service into areas not previously authorized, in a manner that ensures the safety of their customers and staff. Find more information about requirements and how to apply.
Public Information Act (PIA) Requests
To review or obtain copies of permits and related records, submit a PIA Request form. Contact the divisions below for the following:
- Floodplain regulations, building or renovating in a waterfront or stream area—Contact Building Plans Review by calling 410-887-3987.
- Zoning regulations—Call 410-887-3391.
- Sediment Run-Off from Construction Sites—Contact Sediment Control by calling 410-887-3226.
- Licenses for Contractors—Contact the Maryland Home Improvement Commission by calling 410-230-6309.
Development Plan and Phase 2 Fees
- Apartment Development Fees
- Commercial and Industrial Development Fees
- Single Unit Development Fees
- Townhome Development Fees
- Electrical Inspection Fees
Miscellaneous Permit and License Fees
- Rates for Basic Police-Initiated Towing, Winching and Storage of Light Duty Motor Vehicles
- Rates for Licensed Trespass Towing of Light Duty Vehicles
Other Permit Types