Baltimore County enforces the 2020 Edition of the National Electric Code (NEC) with electrical permits issued after August 31, 2020. Learn more about the electric code.
The Electrical Inspection Division:
- Inspects electrical installations performed pursuant to a duly authorized electrical permit for both new and altered electrical systems to ensure the installation or permitted work meets the minimum electrical safety requirements
- Manages the issuance of electrical registration and licenses for the Electrical Administrative Board
- Investigates complaints of unsafe electrical conditions and undertakes code enforcement measures to assure correction of such conditions
- Ensures electrical safety and enforces all laws related to electrical installations in Baltimore County
- Inspects work performed by licensed contractors to ensure conformity with all current electrical codes
Schedule, Reschedule or Cancel an Inspection
You and your contractor should coordinate your inspection requests so that they can be provided in a timely manner. Learn more about how to schedule, reschedule or cancel an inspection.
If you did not receive your inspection yesterday and need to reschedule, or if you are scheduling a new inspection, use the following scheduling guide:
- Everyday—Districts 9 and 15
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday—Districts 2, 4, 8, 11 and 14
- Tuesday and Thursday—Districts 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 10, 12 and 13
The inspectors’ areas have been determined using this guide. If it becomes necessary to reduce the daily workload, the first inspections to be canceled will be those that are not scheduled on the correct weekday.
Your Area Inspector
Reference the Electrical Inspectors' Assigned District Map for the inspector assigned to your area. Use the following contact information to email your inspector:
- Ty Basham: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ron Biskup: email@example.com
- Edgar Bull: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joe Fellner: email@example.com
- Andrew Fribush: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brian Hall: email@example.com
- John Jennings: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adam Rausch: email@example.com
Electrical Inspectors will meet at job locations or review information in the Electrical Inspections office for those who wish to discuss code issues. Note: Inspectors cannot layout or design jobs.
Learn more about electrical permits.
- Permit Information Change Form must be completed in order to change information on your electrical license.
- Forward all information changes, including phone numbers, to the Baltimore County Electrical Inspection office.
- Failure to report this information immediately could result in a hold on the issuance of permits.
- Permission to Pick Up Permits
- Resident Agent Form—Is required when the company or residential address is not in Maryland,and should be completed by:
- Contractors without a Maryland company or home address and who are seeking to be licensed in Baltimore County.
- Contractors who are already licensed in Baltimore County and who change their addresses to out-of-state
- Request to Cancel Permit
Work/With BGE Requirements
If an electrical service installation requires a "work/with" with BGE, the following steps should be observed:
- Complete as much of the work that can be done prior to the "work/with."
- A service inspection must be scheduled with Electrical Inspections via your online account.
- You must call the inspector prior to the inspection to explain the installation.
Check Your Permit Status
For information or questions regarding issues related to permit status, call 410-887-3900. Monday through Friday, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.